Monday, May 23, 2016

Bali: Trip to Lovina Beach


Hello friends, this is sylv..

I know I haven’t updated my blog for so so so and so long time. It because of one and another reasons like laziness, or I don’t know what to write, or I got no time, or else. Nonetheless, here I am now sitting and writing hoho.

Last April, I went to Bali with my friend (P), her cousin (N), and her cousin’s friend (A). So it was a short trip of four girls to Bali. We stayed at Jimbaran and rent a car. One of our destinations was to see dolphins in the open sea. So we agreed to go to Lovina Beach on our third day in Bali. It took 3 hours drive from Jimbaran to Lovina Beach, and we must depart at 2 or 3 a.m. because you can only see the dolphins at 5 to 8 a.m.


We started our journey at 2.30 a.m. and N was the one who drove. I was the one who checked Google Maps and P checked Waze just in case one of us got wrong directions. We bought coffee and bread for our breakfast in car. It all started well for the first two hours on the road. The more we went, the more remote the road and our phone signal got on and off continuously.
We started went into the road with only trees at the side and darkness around us. I mean there were no street lights at all and the only source of light was from cars. There were not much cars either on the road. When the road started to have so many meanders, we went slower and more careful. There were so many dogs sleeping in the middle of the road too. Ohh, I saw an expressionless woman with white shirt passing by our car too, and I couldn’t see her legs. But I’m too afraid to ask my friends if they saw her too. You know what I mean, right? It’s not funny if they said they didn’t see anyone. I could go crazy!! Hahaha

At one point, I felt so dizzy and had nausea. I asked my friend to keep checking the maps and I decided to take a nap. I didn’t know what happened while I was sleeping. Then when I woke up, there were many things happened all at once. As soon as I woke up, I wanted to ask where we were but I couldn’t. I was distracted because I saw the downhill road was on the left but the car went straight and there was tree in front of us. I was too shock to scream and I froze until the car hit something and stopped. Everyone froze for a moment and then started to panic afterwards. We were lucky there was gutter in front of the trees. One of the tires went into the gutter and we couldn’t get out of it. It was still dark outside and we need to get out from the car to look for help. There were motorbike and car passed by but they didn’t stop. I suggested to go to locals’ houses and asked for help. We couldn’t find any because it was still dark. Suddenly we heard traditional Balinese music around there, but we couldn’t guess where it came from.

supposed to turn left instead of going straight!
While we were waiting, there was one local people came to us. He asked us what happened and willing to help us. We were so thankful to him, he helped us to look for the local men around and they lifted our car from the gutter. While the men made their efforts with our car, we stood at the side talking to the local women. They said there was an accident before in the same spot. After our car was out from the gutter, one of the local men offered to drive us down to the Lovina Beach. It was just 5-10 minutes drive from the accident spot, but it was full of meanders. We were really so grateful to them.

Then we reached Lovina Beach, obviously we were late. We thought we were too late to see the dolphins, but there was one boatman (what should I call him?) asked us if we wanted to go to the sea and have a look. It was IDR 100.000 per person for one hour duration in the boat (we had negotiation with him in the boat to prolong until 1.5 hours lol).

into the sea with happy heart
At first, he brought us to join with other boats in one spot. There were like a group of 10 dolphins going in and out of the sea. Whenever the dolphins got out, all the boats accelerated towards the dolphins and they disappeared again. There were so crowded with boats and we couldn’t go near the dolphins. Then the boatman suggested us to go to another spot further away.
N, P, me, and little bit of A's back
While our boat went further away, I became paranoid. Suddenly my mind was on the news about Indonesians being held hostages by pirates and about human trafficking. I was so paranoid that I kept on blabbering to my friend and asked her to turn back the boat (lol). Then when I saw other boats just like ours in the distance, my heart was so relax and at peace. I really felt like “omg thankyouu finally!!”. I’m so silly! Hahaha.

calm outside, asdfghjkl inside lols
For the next 20-30 minutes, we enjoyed seeing so many dolphins around us. The baby dolphins even jumped out and turned in the air. It was a difficult task to take pictures of them as I didn’t know where they would appear. Our boat was the last one in that spot. After all the boats were gone, the dolphins made sound. I thought that was their breathing sound. I think I would not get tired of seeing the dolphins all day long, they were so cute and gorgeous at the same time.



When we were finished with the dolphins, we must head back. I thought N was nervous to drive back because of the road. We drove super slow and careful. When we were passing our “accident spot”, the local people were there doing their activities. All of them greeted us while we were passing. We opened our windows and said goodbye to all of them. It was indeed an unforgettable journey!

I haven’t told my family about this, and I don’t think I will. Hahaha.. Please keep my little adventure secret to yourself (yes, I’m talking to you my bro and sis if you happened to read this post hahaha). Nonetheless, it was really a fun and exciting trip. I mean, you don’t get to see dolphins in the open sea that easily. I was so lucky that I can see so many dolphins in their natural habitat, maybe it will be my once in lifetime experience.


Okay, I know this is a very long post. Hope you enjoy my post.

Oh, if you want to know any details about Lovina Beach, how to go there or anything else, please contact me. I will be more than happy to tell you.

Thank you for your time reading my post.
Until then, love.

sylvlam

p.s. all of us saw that expressionless woman in white shirt!! Hahahaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment