Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bridal Shower Honoring Jesslyn Zhu

Hello there.. It’s finally August!! It’s my most awaited month of the year. Let’s take a moment to cherish and enjoy this month as much as we can. Well, I have a very very long list of birthday people in this month, it’s a very packed month full of joy for me. But it’s a little bit different this year as I have to throw bridal shower for my friend, bestbestbestfriend. It’s an honor for me to be one of your bridesmaids XD


Now you know I’m gonna write about this bridal shower event. This gonna be a long post, please kindly bear with it darlings. It started with Jesslyn asked three of us (Vivi, Eveline and I) to be her bridesmaids. So, skip skip skip with any details till I suggested to Aline about throwing a surprise bridal shower for her. Then we had a group chat with our friend in States, we asked her to buy the lingerie and the sash. Those stuffs arrived safely thanks to her mom who visited her for her graduation there. Actually we also ordered kamasutra, but it’s out of stock and it would be so late to wait for the restock. Enough with the gift, now’s the preparation.

Three of us and couple of friends gathered once to figure and list out what kind of bridal shower that we wanted to throw. We had secrectly chatted behind Jesslyn’s back as Aline and I were not supposed to know Vivi. Then skip skip skip the details again till we got roughly idea. We contacted all the guest in the list to inform them about the event, went to the venue to reserve some place, ordered a cake and bunch of balloons, and lastly we did the decorations by ourselves. Aline did all the reservations with Wak Noer, Venti prepared the cake and banner, I looked up at google to search various designs for the invitation card, nametags, menu cards, advice columns, paper lanterns and heart shaped origami, and Vivi did all the printing and trimming.


Lastly Aline, Vivi and I met up to discuss more in detail about the bridal shower. When we had run through all the lists, we out of sudden had an idea to buy them condom. YES condom!! Can you imagine how we went to mart and asked for condom? It’s nothing wrong with us buying condom actually as we are adults, right? But I can never imagine that I actually bought condoms for my friend. As I quoted Aline’s “These boxes feel ‘haram’ in my hand” lolss.

On the night before ‘the day’, I gently reminded everybody to arrive at 6 p.m as the bride and groom to-be would be arrived at 7 p.m. Some of us arrived at 5 p.m to set the decorations and stuffs. I had coordinated with the groom to-be to let us know if they were on their way. As the time got closer, we got more and more excited. Then suddenly Vivi got a phone call from Jesslyn and we had a sudden panic. We thought maybe Jesslyn already knew about this surprise bridal shower along. Fortunately when Vivi answered her phone, it was the groom to-be who called from Jesslyn’s phone. Pheww. But the the groom to-be said that they were in the other Waknoer (jdenggg ngak sih??) and they didn’t have the car with them. Lastly, it was Vivi who acted to ask Jesslyn out to have dinner together and picked them.


We were hiding when Jesslyn and Johan walked in. It was so worth it to see Jesslyn’s surprise face when she saw us all inside Waknoer. She started to blurt at Johan about her appearance that day. To let them in, we asked Johan to say an introduction that we had prepared to the guests outside our reserved room. He finished it with lifted Jesslyn up and walked in.
Because it was so late, we ordered the food first. While we were waiting, we played a game to break the ice. We decided to speed up by giving them the cake and gifts. I think they were happy (and satisfied) with our gifts. We had our dinner afterwards. After dinner, we asked Jesslyn to change her clothes into something that we prepared which was red leotard with black tutu and ballet shoes (we couldn’t leave this out, right? After all, we are ballerinas). Then we continued with our games which were guessing bride to-be fingers and groom to-be hairy legs (I couldn’t stop laughing with the latter one). We asked couple of ‘questions’ to feed our curiousity and lastly we blindfolded Jesslyn. All of us wore a bright red lipstick including Johan to kiss her on her face. We call it a day by releasing all the balloons to the sky.


This was a very first time I organized a bridal shower. Although it was not perfect, I want to say thank you to all of you who gave us your time to take part in this bridal shower. I hope you had fun last Monday and see you again on Jesslyn and Johan wedding day.

I know this a very long post. Thank you for reading.

p.s if you’re interested where I got all the designs for invitation, nametag, paper lantern, menu and advice columns, just let me know in the comments below. I can give you the link or I can send them to your email.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post. I too love balloon décor because it is simple yet very attractive. At one of the local wedding venues NYC my cousin got married recently so I had to host a bridal shower for her. I had found really nice decorations with balloon theme and implementing one of those ideas was really easy and made my party look cute.

    ReplyDelete